Pizza is always a big hit in our home and one of our top meals to share as a family. In the past, we would order pizza from a restaurant or buy a frozen pizza from the grocery store. Since food allergies entered our lives, we have found that we prefer making our own pizzas from scratch. This allows us to control the ingredients, make it healthier, save money, and have a better tasting pizza. We've also found that this is one of our favorite foods to make with our little ones helping out. It goes from just a meal to a memory, and the kids love to eat what they've made themselves.
I really love making homemade crust, BUT sometimes I find I've waited too long to get started on supper. Everyone is already hungry, and I just don't have time to start from scratch. The new Enjoy Life Pizza Crust Mix was so easy to use and helped get our pizzas on the table faster. A little oil, some water, the mix, and there you go!
We used our Enjoy Life crusts to make individual tomato basil pizzas. The original recipe comes from Pampered Chef and can be found here. I didn't measure out ingredients to make these pizzas, and they turned out fantastic. Here's how I made them.
- Prepare Enjoy Life crust mix and prebake according to the package directions.
- Spread some mayonnaise or allergy friendly mayo substitute on the crust and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Top with shredded mozzarella or your favorite dairy-free cheese.
- Place a thinly sliced tomato in the very center of your tiny pizza (or use several slices if making a large pizza).
- Sprinkle with dried basil (use fresh basil if you have it) and place back in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.
These make such pretty little pizzas, and they taste amazing!
Disclaimer: We were provided with a sample pack of the new baking mixes in order to try out the product and give our honest opinion to our readers. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!